Monday 8 November 2010

the most useless word of the day

Studying German, sometimes I get to translate texts which seem to me as useful as learning chemistry (and I do not remember a single chemistry-related thing from school...;p).

Today's winners are "brain bleeding", "trachea" and "intubation".
I can't help but wonder, will I ever need to understand those in German? I'm an optimist and therefore I'm assuming that on my year abroad there will be no brain bleeding going on ;)
I certainly hope that's not going to be the case. :)

5 comments:

  1. Did i get it right, u plann to spend 1 year in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no no! ;p
    I'm going half-half German-speaking/Spanish-speaking country. Still a lot of planning to do, but I'm hoping it will be Vienna and Buenos Aires ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, but still, i don't think German will be useful in Buenos Aires ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once used "durchfall" during my oral German exam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, me too! That seems to be a very useful word for exams then;p
    Well, I hope in Buenos Aires it will be body language that counts the most... ;) especially in tango clubs^^

    ReplyDelete