Saturday 6 November 2010

It is time!

A concert. BBC Symphony Orchestra is playing, conducted by Tortelier.
I'm not a massive fun of classical music. My knowledge is extremely limited in this field. And I didn't even choose to go to this particular concert for a reason...
Yet I must be extremely lucky, because every time I decide to do something different I end up overwhelmed with pure joy.

Have any of you heard of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition?
Well... I haven't until today. And I have definitely missed out a lot!
When the Orchestra finished, there was no end to the ovation. And when THAT finished, words such as "wonderful", "incredible" or "amazing" were repeted over and over again. I myself managed to make an uncontrolled and slightly too loud "woooow" sound, while still staying seated with music vibrating in my ears, head and the whole body really...
It was the most "wonderful, incredible & amazing" piece of classical music I've ever heard in my entire life (not that this life has been so very long or anything;])

And it is in such moments of true happiness when everything simply falls into place.
Energized and inspired I left barbican, once again, with plenty of new ideas.

For instance, for the last couple of weeks I started thinking that I not only should make my career in interior design, but also specialize in lighting. That's always been the most important element of all my spaces and the idea of dedicating my time to it has been coming back to me, especially since we covered this topic at Chelsea. 
And I could've been thinking about it for weeks, but tonight suddenly I just felt sure; entirely sure that this has to be my next step.
I really like those moments of certainty. Doubt is bad;p

Last but not least (and actually I probably should've started from that point) I decided to write a blog in English now. The purpose of this venture is to keep friends and people who are dear to me informed about what inspired me to do what I'm doing and what exactly it is that I'm doing and where (there is always a lot of confusement in that matter;p). There will be lots of crosscultural references and anecdotes since Travel and Adventure are my middle names. :)
We shall see how it's gonna go this time. ;)

Because... it is time! I've been here long enough to say that I feel like London is my place now. And I shall report on all the greatness that it brings me. Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy this jurney. :)

With love,
Kasia/Katarzyna/Catherine/Kat/Kathy/Kazik/Kasica and many, many others ;) 

3 comments:

  1. Hi:)It's me:)I found U:)
    Kisses...Nusia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the BBCSO at the Barbican last night too! I also thought they were absolutely superb. How crazy I didn't see you there!

    ReplyDelete