Monday 15 November 2010

Imagine...

Sunday evening. Royal Festival Hall is full. Standing ovation after 3hour concert... You've got to love London Jazz Festival! :)

Herbie Hancock rocked my world this weekend. He just left me speechless on so many levels.

And I know it may seem as I'm overrating every single concert I go to, but - believe me - I'm either incredibly lucky, wise when it comes to making choices what to see or the music industry just decided to get better and better with EVERY SINGLE CONCERT. ;p
Hancock is already a legend anyway. How he does what he did with that grand piano remains a mystery to me... wow.
And he works with great musicians too. Obviously, not all of them go to his tour, but when you watch a trailer of his new IMAGINE PROJECT (link below) you'll understand why. Marcus Miller, Jeff Beck or, if it's more known to some, Pink and Seal - those are just some of the names.

And maybe he wasn't the most charismatic person I've ever listen to when twice he started talking to the audience ("not the most charismatic" is an euphemism here;p), but when he starts playing... my heart brims over with joy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TII6ZNyrXOE

No comments:

Post a Comment