Monday 16 January 2012

London's sleeping


Last week I went to London. And although I've been there many times before, this time surprised me in a way...

It was 2 A.M. and it was pitch dark outside. We were just outside of London, near Gatwick Airport. And right there, on top of a hill I could see all the London’s lights in front of me. There was this amazing orange-redish glow above the city. Above our heads you could see the stars and there was a group of rabbits running around. 
And this was the only sound one could hear there at that time. Well… maybe an occasional bird that couldn’t sleep. But the rest… There was just silence.

And if people say New York is the city that never sleeps, as Frank Sinatra used to sing, then I must say that I saw London sleeping. And it was amazing… 


No comments:

Post a Comment