Thursday 3 May 2012

rainforest in the middle of Madrid

It's a busy, busy time... but there will always be plenty of excuses!
So I'm making a promise to myself that I'll write down one thing a day, one thing about Spain, places I've seen, interesting observations made or anything worth sharing. Until I run out of those ideas. Or until I leave Spain at the end of May, whichever comes first ;)

Not to prolong anything... since I came to Spain at the end of February I've seen Madrid(several times), Sevilla, Cádiz, Tarifa, Gibraltar, Zamora and, of course, Salamanca. The last one is where I live now. But since we're on the subject of travelling, there is a place in Madrid where a lot of travellers go, which has a very unique feeling about it... I don't know if Scheldon Cooper would like it, but he would definitely come across A RAINFOREST in the middle of a giant "waiting room", had he tried to catch a train at Madrid Atocha Train Station.

When you enter the area, you can instantly feel the difference in air's temperature and humidity. There are plenty of seats around for you to enjoy the wait for your train, but don't be mislead - you won't have to wait  long. The trains arrive punctually and passangers keep coming in and out... The only people more interested in the unconventionality of this place than an occasional tourist seem to be children, as at the entrance to the rainforest there are plenty of lazy turtles that seem to be waiting for a train that never arrives... Nevertheless, Madrid Atocha brings your train travels to a new level.
(ESPECIALLY to anyone who knows how great PKP can be.[PKP is a polish train's company])

No comments:

Post a Comment