Friday 14 October 2011

Universität Wien


So here is a little tour around University of Vienna. The main building (which is where I have almost all my lectures) is very old and bigger than I thought. I realised this when I first had to find my lecture hall and I got lost at least three times on the way.... ;)

Corridors are very spatious and ceilings remind us that it has never actually been finished! There are spaces for ceiling paintings, but since University run out of money when they were building it, the original plans have never been introduced.
The library is my favourite place. Very stylish! ;) And it has surprisingly strick rules as to how much you can actually bring in. No handbags allowed!

View from the courtyard. That's where I was spending first couple of days stealing Uni's Internet before I organised myself ;)


When I first came it was always full of students. But I took a picture quite late in the afternoon. Plus it's much colder now....



And this is one of the only two rooms which were actually finished according to the original plan. Unfortunately we don't have classes there, but if anyone is interested in graduating from University of Vienna then this is where your graduation ceremony would take place. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment