Friday 28 October 2011

A little experiment...


I always plan everything. My diary is FULL and there’s never enough time for spontaneity on my to-do lists if I want to do everything I LOVE. A few days ago my friend sent me a link to Billy Joel’s song “Vienna”. Inspired by lyrics I decided to go out for a photo-walk, and then for about 36h I took whatever life was giving me. Without planning. Without overthinking. Like a little experiment…:

And so I am taking pictures in a park and I hear some guys speaking British English. It feels so pleasantly familiar here… but I keep walking. Vienna’s waiting for me, sings Billy Joel to me. I’m passing a Mexican restaurant and I see a note on the window – they’re looking for a waitress! I walk in. When can I have a try-out day? Tomorrow? Ok! I go to meet a friend. We eat delicious cake before going to a theater. It turns out following the play there’s a gala there – best actors, actresses… and a red carpet! What a funny coincidence that we happened to go to there on that day...
 The next day I’m nervous. Working in German? What if I don’t understand something? I go to work anyway and there I just KNOW what to do and I understand enough. Ufff... I get the job. :) Those guys from the park walk in to the restaurant. We talk by the bar. After working till 2am I meet them again and we go for a party. At 5am I have a feeling it’s time to stop this freestyle and go back to doing what I want to do. Or, in this case, not doing what I don’t want to do… 
I didn’t really like this party and so I decided to leave… exactly a minute before a huge fight broke out! I could still hear it while going home…
It certainly was an interesting time, but I’ve never been much of a freestyle/accidental-life fan. I've always preferred to tango. With passion.

But hey, as a result of my experiment I got a job! That can't be too bad, can it? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdiXvDU4P0

No comments:

Post a Comment