Sunday 15 July 2012

Hamburger* life: the beginning

* "Hamburger" is actually a German adjective coming from the name of the city. I did not mean a meaty sandwich here ;-)


Long time no post!

It's time to change that.

I arrived in Hamburg two weeks ago, at the worst time of the day - 6AM.
6AM is never a good time. Neither when that's when you start your day, nor when it is when you finish it.
And after a long sleepless night on the coach I did not know whether my day was finishing or just starting...
And neither did Hamburg.



It was a Sunday morning, so the city hasn't quite woken up yet, but the streets were actually full of people - those on their way back home.

I had some time before I could move in to my new home, so I left my luggage at Hauptbahnhof (central station) and decided to explore my new neighbourhood a little.


I was quickly reminded that the European Futball Championships were to end the same day, Germans still all-heartedly supporting their team, even though they recently had lost. (Which was a real shame, really. I was so looking forward to seeing Germany celebrate, like I was lucky to see Spain two years earlier. ;])





Being me, the first thing I had to see was where will I go to work the next day. It turned out that my new office is located in a really pretty area :)




Finally, I went to see the nearest park  (nearest looking from both my work's and my new home's perspective). I am pretty sure I will be going to Stadtpark more often on the weekends... when it finally stops raining all the time. ;-)


Those were my first impressions of Hamburg. I will try to update more regularly, but I am making no promises... not any more ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment