Saturday 10 December 2011

a girl with a kaki fruit

I’ve only moved into the area two months ago, but by now I already recognize certain people working in certain places like a supermarket or a post office, since I send a lot of postcards;) and get a lot of packages too. And every time I go to the post office, on my way back, I go in to a grocery store which otherwise never is 'on my way'. And I always go in and buy one kaki fruit there. The only shop assistant working in this little grocery store recognizes me by now and, somehow, it makes me happy that I have this little new habit of buying a kaki fruit on the way back from the post office. It's trivial and might sound funny, but (SOMEHOW) this little thing gives me a feeling of belonging here and - by and large - also in Vienna.


Funny how little things like that can make you smile, isn't it? Or was it maybe Frank Sinatra singing 'the lady is a tramp' that made me smile then?
I'll never know...  -  a girl with a kaki fruit  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment